But the kids soon got the hang of it and were dying away. And then re-dying after we ran out of eggs. Which made for some interestingly colored eggs.
Easter Sunday was yesterday and it was quite a day. We had a plumber come to our house at 8:30am to fix our COMPLETELY clogged up toilets—(I don’t know about you, but I totally panic when the toilet gets stopped up. I just know that SOMEONE is going to have an explosive diarrhea attack before the plumber arrives. Luckily, no one did. WHEW!)
After that rather ominous start to the day, we let the kids have some Easter egg basket fun. Steven’s parents used to sprinkle flour near the Easter baskets, and then make little “rabbit prints” in the flour with their fingers. We did it this year and Steven said, “Look, boys, the Easter bunny’s footprints!” Very cute.
(This is seriously the best picture I got of them—which is sad).
Church was lovely. We had some nice presentations in Primary, and Steven and I sang in Sacrament meeting. My dad drove up from Galveston to hear us (which is a good thing, because he wrangled our children for us while we were up at the podium).
Afterwards we headed back to our house for dinner and an impromptu Easter egg hunt in the back yard. The dinner was questionable (the roast tasted like old shoes, Steve botched the corn and I burned the rolls), but the Easter egg hunt was quite fun. The boys were a bit swollen with pride over their enormous haul.
Steven and I were just relieved the day went well and was relatively disaster-free.
7 comments:
Your kiddos are so stinkin' cute!! Glad ya'll survived your Easter! Hugs!!! :)
You guys were great in sacrament meeting. I loved hearing you sing, it was really beautiful!
Don't you wish you still lived with mom and dad so you could have re;axed and then ate a wonderfully prepared meal for Easter???? It just didn't feel like Easter to me I don't know why. But ditto what Shelly said you sang beautifully!
P.S. It's Hillary! (signed in under my alias Nicholas! :))
You look so beautiful Jenny! And the kids are pretty snazzy looking too in their Easter duds! I have to agree with the sentiment that Easter just doesn't feel the same, I guess it is up to me to make it more like a "real" easter next year!
Makes me miss you more but glad that you had fun. I too cooked almost two doz eggs but we just made deviled eggs and ate them all instead of sying them.
I love the fizzy dying pills. And the bunny prints in the flour is such a cute idea. Glad you had a good Easter!
Post a Comment