Also, last night was kid's night, so it only cost 4 bucks for our entire family to get in (which also accounts for the incredibly positive verdict. Free=good).
As soon as we got in, we took of course took part in the obligatory Tractor Pull--well, er, Stevie did and he KICKED CAN! He seriously took care of business. I've never seen his little legs pump so fast. And the ONLY REASON he didn't win was because the other kid had a 2 inches and a full year on him.
Look at the calves on that kid. I mean, seriously!
But at least Stevie got this smokin' blue ribbon for being amazingly awesome.

Next it was off to the BEST PETTING ZOO EVER!! Steven and I could not get over the incredulousness of this petting zoo. Not only did they have the requisite goats and such, but they had a BABY CAMEL,
(They also had an adult camel...but it was kind of unruly and therefore behind a fence).A ZEBRA,
(Seriously, when's the last time you petted a ZEBRA?)A BABY LLAMA (oooohhh, so adorable)

And a friggin' KANGAROO, for cryin' out loud!
(FYI, do you know how AMAZINGLY soft Kangaroo fur is? I wanted to take a nap on it right there--but was pretty sure the act would have negative consequences).Then, it was off to the various food vendors for some oh-so-delicious and oh-so-disgusting fair food. You can see Steven noting the evilness with his devil sign.

Stevie was getting mad crazy on that Turkey Leg. (Why did I capitalize Turkey Leg?)

We finished off the night with some carnival games and rides, which were just too fun. I have to give kudos to Galveston county for having such a fun, hick, boot-scootin', rootin-tootin' county fair. We'll definitely be back next year.
5 comments:
That looks and sounds like SO much fun! We need to start doing stuff as a family. . .we don't do anything - ever. Good to know it was worth the time and money. We will have to remember that for next year. You have a way of making every thing sound so fun too!!
That seems way better than the time a year and a half ago that I took Ash and three other kids in my car (along with other kids and parents) to the Texas State fair and it was hot, tiring and expensive. I will go with you next time.
Oh that looks like so much fun! And what a great deal! And I love how you posted that, it was like you were right here telling me about it! Miss you!
That petting zoo looks flipping fantasic!
Ya'll got to pet a ZEBRA! That's so rad!! And I love me some fair food...mmm, FUNNEL CAKES.
That sounds like the most awesome petting zoo ever! The whole thing sounds like lots of fun. I've never taken my boys to the fair here because it feels so big and overwhelming (and expensive). And fair food is so good. Once I read Sarah's comment about funnel cakes I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else.
Post a Comment