Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Tidbits While Nursing a Cold

I'm sick yet again. It's a cold this time, and it's a doozy. I've had it since last weekend and I just can't seem to kick it. Everyone else in the family's mercifully been spared, so that's good. I can completely revel in the uniqueness of my infirmity. Maybe I have been milking it a bit. I haven't gone to the gym all week long, and I've slept A LOT.

My friend Stacie gave Stevie "Hullabaloo" for his birthday. The kids randomly pulled it out yesterday and have been obsessed with it ever since. It's insanely adorable. They get so darn excited and want to play it over and over again. Which is great because they're actually interacting with one another without hitting or kicking (mostly).


Steven and I have tickets to go see Brad Paisley at the Houston Rodeo tonight. I have mixed feelings, in that 1)I adore Brad Paisley and think he's an amazingly talented song-writer and guitarist but 2)I'm not a big fan of stadium-seating concerts. You can never hear or see anything, and I've been known to wear earplugs in the past. (I know, I'm an old grandma). But, hey, it's a date with my husband doing something that we normally don't do, so I'm still excited.

It's delightfully cold today. Out of the blue, once again. Yesterday it was 75 degrees, and now its 54. Perfect day for a blanket, a good book and some baked potato soup.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

So jealous. Not about the cold but about the rodeo and Brad Paisley. I love him!