Of course he was fanatically aware of every single move I made, trying to discern whether or not I was trying to trick him and go slip back into my own bed. I finally devised that I could possibly bribe him into sleep mode with a sippy-cup full of milk. Worked like a charm. I quietly snuck out of his bedroom and collapsed in my oh-so-amazingly-soft-and-ROOMY bed.
About an hour later, he came running in again, crying inconsolably. I just relented and let him crawl up into bed with me (which in retrospect was quite lovely and sweet). I tried to calm him down and asked him what was wrong and he replied “Venom scared me!” I’ll admit I didn’t get the translation right on the first try (seeing as how I wasn’t completely coherent in the first place), but I eventually figured out that he must have had a nightmare about his latest craptastic McDonald’s toy—a little figurine of the Spiderman character “Venom.”
Bless his heart…he loves those “boy” toys but they scare him too. It reminded me of when I was 5 years old, and went as a witch for Halloween. I had one of those super-scary masks to go with my costume (what was my mom thinking?) When I put on the mask and looked in the mirror, I let out a blood-curdling scream and almost peed my pants in terror.
He fell asleep like this on Saturday. You know you’re really tired when you don’t even care if you can breathe.
5 comments:
Haha! This story made me laugh out loud for reals! And I love the last picture, aren't they just so sweet (and irritating) at this age? I love it!
Poor thing! I have a couple of sensitive boys too.
Awww, poor David! And McDonald's does have some CRAPTASTIC toys, seriously.
I'd have bad dreams if I got that toy in my happy meal, too!
We have that toy too! I didnt know what his name is though! Poor little David, I used to be afraid of fire fighters in all their gear!
Post a Comment