Thursday, March 5, 2009

Busy Week

MONDAY
Normal day, but had a lovely time at a birthday party in the evening. I have to say, I enjoy children’s birthday parties immensely…as long as there are plenty of adults there to jabber with. Oh, and as long as I don’t have to do anything.

TUESDAY
My baby brother Joey came into town, and we spent a lovely day at the Zoo. What you see here is a very awesome tunnel that went RIGHT THROUGH an aquarium tank. The kids could crawl through and look at the fish from inside the tank! S. and D. really would have been happier if we had spent all day in the tunnel, but I moved us on nonetheless.
And what would a visit to the zoo be without having your photo taken with a large, ceramic elephant?
WEDNESDAY
Nothing particularly of note, except that Steven had a band rehearsal in the evening, which meant an entire day and evening wrestling my sweet, adorable children. By the end of the day, I had lost my patience, my sanity and all of my charm.

THURSDAY
Another lovely day spent with my brother Joey, this time at the beach. Now I know that seafoam is a "thing", but is it suppose to have a yellowish hue? The water was absolutely freezing, but that didn't deter the boys from getting as wet as possible.
FRIDAY
Some friends of ours who told us they wanted us over for dinner in AUGUST are finally coming through on the deal. (Ha ha, Erin, I ratted you out! You're not getting out of it THIS TIME!) Since I admitted my food neurosis to them early on, we're looking forward to an evening of dessert-only foodstuffs and a Wii tournament! (In which I anticipate losing horribly...*sigh*..I really need to learn how to work that thing).

9 comments:

Marby said...

Was the yellow hue isolated to the area immediately around you? :D

Simply Sarah *K* said...

ooo...the beach!! Yellow hue or not, it's still purdy! :)

Kelli said...

I want to go in the aquarium tube!

Jenni said...

I think that aquariun tube is cool, but all I could really think is that I wouldn't be able to go in it as I am too clautrophobic for that small of a space.

Jenny said...

I would have liked to go in the tube as well, but seeing as how my miniscule brother Joey almost got stuck, I figured I should keep my big butt out of there.

And Marby---I'll get you for that!!! ;)

~Darcy~ said...

How fun!! I am looking forwardto our beach days in say oh....3 months or more!!

Emm said...

I think you completely missed the joke of the aquarium tube....its runs through a Parana tank. I think its hilarious, my kids love it!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I love the picture of Joey in the tube with the kids.
As for the seafoam, when we were in Georgia a few months ago I saw some yellow seafoam there, too. Seeing the beach makes me anxious to come play in it!

The Adventure Planner said...

And to think we almost had to cancel again.... just kidding! So glad we finally made it happen - it was a blast!