
Five Shots. That’s how many shots you get at your 4 year check-up. Five Freakin’ shots. (That's right, those are band-aids you see on his legs there). And Stevie put up a pretty big fight, too. It took three of us to hold him down. The nurse commented on how surprised she was by his strength. He screamed and cried and said, “Why do we have to do this, Mommy?” I choked up a bit. It’s hard not to when you're holding down your little guy, who's shrieking in pain and so obviously doesn’t understand why you're doing this to him. Needless to say, I bought him a whole freakin' bag of M&Ms at the store afterwards.
And David was second. Even though he only had one shot, I guess after seeing Stevie's reaction, the anticipation was too much. He was screaming and crying before the nurse even applied the alcohol.
But the good news is that they’re both as healthy as little horses and doing just fine.
STEVIE’S STATS:
Height- 41 ½ inches: 95th percentile
Weight- 42lbs: 90th percentile
DAVID’S STATS:
Height- 35 inches : 50th percentile
Weight- 31 lbs: 75th percentile
Head Circumfrence- 51 ½ inches: 95th percentile!!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh!! Isn't it horrible? Bella had the same thing at her 4yr old appt and it was insane! That pleading look in their eyes of "Why, Mommie, why?" Ummm...yeah. MnM's well deserved!!!
And whodathunk Day-day's head would be 95th!! LOL :) he's such a cutie.
Ugg, I am not looking forward to taking Nat to get her shots! But I know I can't put it off any longer! At least kids are resiliant and forget the pain fast, especially with M&M's to wash it down! Yummers!
It's so hard when you've got two kids at an appointment and they both have to get shots. You gotta feel bad for whoever goes second though. Having to watch your brother scream in pain would be awful. I'm glad the M&M's helped.
So Ash is 15 and still a baby about shots. This past summer she started being dramatic about getting her 14 yr old shots and I explained that if she couldn't man-up and deal with three shots, she couldn't have a cell phone or go to the movies the next weekend. She took her shots rather well after that.
I also bought her love with ice cream afterwards for being a big girl. You are doing fine!
I remember those days (thank goodness they are long in the past). A couple of times when they were stabbing our sweet baby girls, I thought Mike was going to punch out the nurse. Luckily we all survived. I think a reward for bravery is definitely in order though!
Post a Comment