Thursday, December 18, 2008

Candy Thongs, Etc.

Tonight I went to a hilarious all-ladies Christmas party, and it was amazingly fun. One of the highlights was of course the Chinese Gift Exchange (one of my all time favorites,) and it was just hysterical. It's always astonishing to me how rauchy married Mormon moms get when you put them in the same room with some nipple arousal balm and a candy thong (--actual gifts--). And yes, I tried my dangdest to steal that thong, but SOMEBODY (not naming any names) stole it back from me. Oh well. I did get some rockin' sunglasses. Ooo, and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups (that candy will be the death of me. Curse it's delicious peanuty goodness).

It's so incredibly cathartic to just BE with other women to just chat and hang out. In high school and even in college, I don't think I ever valued female relationships very much. Coming from a family of all boys, Girl Rules were much too complex and subtle for me. I would offend left and right and never know why or how.

After Mom died, my need for having women friends increased ten-fold, and in turn the Girl Rules didn't seem so complicated anymore. I guess it's a kind of learn-as-you-go thing. Being able to talk and laugh with women who are sharing my same experiences is such a blessing to me.

Anyway, it was a great party.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh! How fun! Were you supposed to bring fun "naughty" gifts, or was one woman just the lucky bringer of the coveted candy thong? LOL! Sounds like a great time, getting together with friends just to talk and hang can be one of the most relaxing things, no?

And, I can imagine you will be getting some interesting traffic on your blog with the candy thong reference!

Kelli said...

That is hilarious, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall. How many faces were crimson when the naughty gifts come out. And seriously about raunchy Mormon women. It's like they are repressed their whole life, so they really let wild once they get married!

Jenny said...

Wow, I really should have been clearer! No, it wasn't a naughty gift party or anything like that. Just a couple hilarious girls' gag gifts!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Girlfriend! I'm quite jealous ;). Of them having YOU to make the night fun and of such a fun holiday party to go to! That sounds like one fun night and just genius for those chicks to bring naughty gifts!
Wish you were here b/c I miss your fun-self...but SO GLAD you are there having fun!!

Jenni said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time. Once I went to a bridal shower and we were supposed to bring our fave pj's in a lunch bag. The bride opened them and tried to match the jammies to the owner. She was confused at first when she opened my bag and it was full of air. They got it quickly and were all shocked that it was me. Obviously this was years ago in my pre-sealed days. Sometimes we are full of surprises.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

What a fun holiday party to go to! Sounds like some of the girls there really know how to have a good time!

Carina Olsen said...

Hey! I'm still mad you stole those sunglasses, mouth wash and 2 in 1 message oil. Oh well I guess I can live with the "I Rock" Shirt and the Tropical Orange condoms. LOL We did have a good time didn't we?!

Jared said...

I haven't laughed so hard in days, it was a fun night. It reminded me to much of my extended family Christmas, crazy old women, no wonder they had 8 kids :)

Marby said...

Yes, it was a fun girls' night out. Hey, why is Jared talking about the party. Is that really Emmaly or Monica??? Hey...identify yourself!

Amber said...

LOL! I'm still giggling. Especially since when I got home and showed Matt my 'spoils' and said, "Yea, like I'm going to wear that!" To which he replied, "Heck ya, you are!" lol Good times.