Saturday, December 20, 2008

Good Grief, Child!

Today it looks like this...

But yesterday it looked more like this...

I'm not even exaggerating. He ran right into a bench at the YMCA and got a bump so large, I rushed home thinking we were going to have to take him to the ER again. Fortunately, the Dr.'s office told us just to watch him and he should be okay...which he was.

But seriously, David, really? Are you really going to give us two ER scares within a one month period? The same thing happened last Christmas. Between Dec. 15th and Jan 8th or so of last year, David went to the ER three times. Twice for stitches, once to make sure he hadn't chopped off his finger with a cheese grater. I'm sure the hospital was on the brink of calling CPS on that last visit.

It's a good thing kids are made out of rubber and cement.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Man! accident prone is not always fun. He is just so dang adventurous! Hopefully this isnt a new Christmas tradition!

Kelli said...

Holy cow, that looks painful! I remember when DAvid was little, you worried he was going to make sure you had a "Frequent ER" club card. I think Fynn is going to do the same. The other day he slipped in the tub while I was right next to him, and his eye started to bleed at the corner. *sigh*

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Awww!! Sweet David! He's cute even with a goosegg on his noggin ;).

Jenni said...

If it makes you feel any better having a girl isn't necessarily any better. Ash has been to the ER enough times that eyebrows have been raised as she walks in. Again!