Seriously, what were we thinking? I'm pretty sure we weren't thinking it was going to take us 23 hours to take an 18 hour trip. But hey, Que Sera Sera.
I'd just like to once again thank the geniuses who invented the portable DVD player, even if we do have to use packing tape to make ours work for longer than two seconds. And believe it or not, leaving at night meant the kids slept a good 14 hours, so that was a plus.
Last night after we FINALLY got in, we visited awhile with Grandpa Ron and Steven's sister Jenny (yes that's right, her name is Jenny Grundberg too...and she's my exact age...and she's blonde). Then Jenny made the kids one of their favorites--Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup.



Today we've been out and about a bit and BRRRRRRR!!!! It's cold! I love it, but realize I greatly underestimated the insulating power of my new coat. I'm definitely going to need a supplementary hat and scarf.
(It's suppose to snow for realsies on Tuesday!!! WOO-HOO!!!!)
8 comments:
How fantastic!! I can't believe ya'll drove...but hey...it's not THAT bad, right?! hahahaha....thank goodness for tv's and dvios (as bella calls them).
Glad you are enjoying the snow!
What fun in the snow! If it's going to be cold then there should be snow, right? I'm glad that your trip was uneventful if a bit long. And yea! for portable DVD players. They make any car ride better.
I'm so jealous of the snow! FUN!! Have a great trip!
yup, we have done that drive many times. Not fun. Enjoy the windy city and bring me back a bit of that Midwest frozen tundra :)
You are so funny! Enjoy the snow.
Better that they slept all the way than fought all the way. That is more how I remember any road trips from my youth.
Hope y'all have fun.
YOU ARE HHHEEEERRRREEE????? Why didn't I know this? Oh yes. It's because I am married to a Grundberg and he tells me NOTHING until 3-4 days after the fact. Hope you will be spending some time with us!!
You are one BRAVE woman. I am glad your boys slept more than half the way 'cause there is not way that I would be that lucky. Have a good time!
Post a Comment