My kids are seriously going through a regression state. Every word out of Stevie mouth lately is tinged with a mysterious Baby Accent. Half of his vocabulary zooms out the window until I insist he “use his big boy words.” And just forget about him being a 4 year old if there’s a baby around. He sees all that positive attention the baby’s getting and says to himself, “Hey, I’m getting’ in on that action.” Sometimes it drives me nuts to hear him talk in that baby voice, but then I just remind myself that hey, how long will he want you to cuddle and coddle him like this? Not long, so I better soak it all up while I can. David’s regression manifests itself when our nephew Jack comes over. He immediately begins to situate himself inside the infant car seat (which he has long since outgrown). I’m not actually sure if he’s regressing or if he just really thinks Jack’s car seat toys are cool. You decide.
5 comments:
The picture of David in/on that car seat is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Regression or no regression, those boys are so stinkin' cute.
So cute! I remember little David when he DID fit in the seat! I can't believe how fast they are growing up. He sure looks like he is enjoying himself though!
Kelton does the same thing in the car seats whenever a friend with a baby comes over. Ren does the baby accent sometimes, but thankfully she has moved on to pretending that she is a baby bird/monkey/lion and I get to pretend to be the mommy.
Ash still sits on my lap and she is taller than me. Of course that might be a little more awkward with boys when they get to be 15.
Post a Comment