Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sans Internet Catch Up

We’ve been without internet this week (curse you Comcast), so let me catch up

Let’s see…

Thursday we went to see Santa at the Library. What was I thinking? Trying to get a 4 and 2 year old to act sane while standing in a 45 minute line wasn’t my logistics at their best. They were of course insanely excited to see Santa Claus until it was our turn. Then they immediately became highly suspicious of the man in the red suit and would barely approach him, much less sit on his knee for a friendly chat about Christmas lists. This picture definitely won’t be going out with our Christmas Cards.


Afterwards we went to the League City Christmas Tree Lighting. It was okay, but again I was alone with two little guys who didn’t quite know what the heck was going on and were really just interested in destroying the bushes to the best of their abilities (which were surprisingly apt).

On Friday I PUT UP THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ALL BY MYSELF, BABY! That’s right, I climbed the roof (while musing that this would be a most unflattering way to go as I contemplated how in the world I was going to get from the ladder to the roof without dying) and attached those dang lights all by my lonesome, and I’m pretty dang proud, needless to say.

Friday night was the Ward Christmas Party/Talent Show. It was really nice dinner and everything looked so pretty. Steven and I, along with Anna S. were planning on singing a few tunes. Little did we know we would be the ONLY other adults performing something (besides a very hilarious skit put on by our Elders Quorum). I felt pretty sheepish after this realization. But it was still fun and we had a great time.
On Saturday, instead of our normal trek to Waffle House, I actually made us waffles, eggs and cinnamon rolls. It was so much fun (and so much cheaper) that I’m hoping we’ll change our tradition permanently. Of course it does make for a much messier kitchen afterwards. I really hope someone cleans it up one of these days…

That evening we decided to go to the League City Holiday-in-the-Park and Parade. It was a MUCH bigger deal than we expected. This parade was on par with the Arlington 4th of July parade…with one MAJOR difference. For some reason there was this ENORMOUS lag between floats. We thought the parade was over, and then another little float would come straggling by. After awhile we got so tired of waiting that we just went to the festival. WHICH WAS AWESOME! I mean seriously, it was County Fair awesome without the livestock. Rides, games, food, live music. Did I mention it was free? It seriously rocked my world. Next year we’ll plan on spending more than just an hour and a half there.
Today is Sunday and I am unfortunately taking care of 3 vomiting boys. Which isn't the greatest advertisement for festival food. So no church today. All three of my poor guys are sick as dogs. I’m just nervously waiting for the bug to bite me as well. Maybe it will miss me entirely. Oh well. Until then I’ll be playing nursemaid and doing lots and lots of laundry.

6 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Hello SuperWoman!!! That is SO awesome that you put the lights up by yourself! I can just SEE you on the roof! hehe. Holy canoli :). But that's exhilarating...how many of us have wanted to climb and walk the eves of the roof after seeing Anne of Green Gables?! Yeah, dream come true, baby!
That is some week...and if Comcast knows whats good for them, they won't be having any more outages!!!
I hope your boys feel better....and good luck not catching it!

Carina Olsen said...

wow! It sounds like you had an adventurous week. I hope the guys get to felling better. We need to schedule your photo shoot when they do.

Jenni said...

I had to put up the lights all by myself last year and I have decided that if that is the case again, we will be sans lights outside.

Good for you.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

You're a better woman than I am for putting the lights up outside by yourself. I love all the guys in the Christmas tree. Sounds like it was lots of fun! Sorry to hear that everyone is sick now, I hope they get better soon and you don't catch it!

Shannon said...

Woot! For putting those lights up all on your own! That is awesome! Looks like you guys have had a fun activity filled week, who knew such super fun things could be found for free! Don't ya just love the holidays!!

Amber said...

Hey Jenny, just so you don't feel so bad. I was GOING to do a talent, but my other half never showed up... Maybe next year?!? In the meantime, you rocked the house!