Saturday, June 21, 2008

Suddenly Feeling More Prolific

It rains A LOT here. I mean a lot a lot. I think it’s rained every other day since we moved in. Which is actually a very good thing because Steve and I totally dig rainstorms. Plus, we have the excellent 1950’s-type carport, which is perfect for sitting under and strumming the guitar while the rain beats down overhead. The kids abandon all sense of decorum and get soggy wet (hey, I love to play in the rain and I’m 30), so I got a few shots at dusk the other day.


Though I didn’t let on in my earlier, more depressing and cynical post, I really am excited about this new gym. They do the free babysitting thing for TWO WHOLE GLOORRRIOUS HOURS. Not that I’ll ever be exercising for two whole hours, but at least the option is there. I very well might just sit in the sauna room or take a shower there, just for the sake of being able to take a shower without onlookers. (Remember when you used to be able to take showers completely alone, without little heads poking in every five minutes to insist on coming into the shower with you fully clothed or to demand that you come out immediately and make them a PB&J?)

(We have a severe thunderstorm watch tonight, with potential for 60 mph winds! Deploy hurricane shutters!—insert girlish squeal here.)

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Ooooo! That sounds exciting! And I too LOVE big storms! But also a little scary seeing as how a REAL hurrcane could hit ya'll! Better get some food storage going!

Bonnie said...

I like thunderstorms too, but I can't say I'm a big fan of the hurricanes. You can always work out for half an hour at the gym, then hide in the locker room with a book for the next hour and a half.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Those pictures look like so much fun! I can just SMELL the rain now! I wish it would come up this way here and there!
And TWO hours! YAY! Glooooorrrious! Love it :).
I hear the sky does look pretty cool off the coast when a hurricane passes by :)!

Kelli said...

I am so jealous about the thunderstorms!!!!!!! HOW FUN! For you AND the kids. I'm glad you'll be able to work out there like you were here. Things are looking good, huh?

Jenni said...

As perverse as it seems I liked the hurricanes. I thought they were cool. I didn't like being without power for three and a half weeks afterwards though.