Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Accident-Prone David

Why does it seem my youngest son is determined to off himself? Over the Christmas holidays, we had to take him to the Emergency Room for stitches three times.

Yesterday he climbed on a box in my bedroom and either fell or hurled himself off it, slamming his little lip on the edge of our box spring. When I came running in, his mouth and nose were covered in blood. After a hysterical 15 minutes in the bathroom trying to staunch the bleeding, it finally stopped. He stopped crying after awhile and began playing again, so I decided nothing could be broken. But now my little boy’s lip is so swollen it looks like he’s holding an orange under his upper lip. He looks like a little monkey. If you look carefully at his nose, you can see the dried blood I couldn’t clean off.


His lip looks a bit like Mushmouth from “Fat Albert,”
bless his heart.

3 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Poor thing! Hopefully the swelling will go down soon. Why is it that small (and sometimes not so small) boys just attract accidents?! Thank goodness they usually heal quickly!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Awww!! He is so cute, even as Mushmouth! But yes....thank goodness for healing quickly!

Bonnie said...

Goodness, poor David! It's so hard to see our kids get hurt. I hope he gets better soon!