This morning was the annual Church Memorial Day breakfast at the League City Sportsplex. This year, my friends Emmaly and Chelle decided to put together a little "morning run" before the breakfast. The idea was to meet at 7:45am about 3.1 miles away and run to the park. They even had a water station set up about half way through.
I was not entirely eager to participate. I haven't run seriously since my 5k, and I was worried about how much I'd enjoy it. But Emmaly was persuasive, and so I decided to go anyway, and I'm glad I did. Some of my dearest friends were there, running along with me (or should I say, far ahead of me). The weather was beautiful and it just felt good. I did, however, have to stop in at a gas station to use the restroom, and that put me so far behind the bunch that when I finally DID catch up to the last group, we walked and gabbed the rest of the way. And I'm glad we did that too, because they are wonderful girls and I love them.
The breakfast was a blast. Several of the men were flipping pancakes and grilling ham for the entire ward, and we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the company of great friends. I also got to know a few new people, and realized we've had some pretty stellar people move in. All in all, my heart was full of love for my church family and friends.
Steven played football with some of the fellas, and I DOMINATED in bocce ball (thank you very much). The little boys of course managed to have a water fight and get soaking wet, while Jake attempted to escape into the parking lot every two seconds. We stayed long after it was over talking and laughing, and then a few of us went to Sonic to get drinks and talk and laugh some more.
I'm tired, sweaty, and my hair looks like a birds' nest. But I'm feeling overwhelmingly content. And ready for a nap.
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day! Wish I could have been there to run/walk/talk/laugh/eat pancakes/get drinks at Sonic with you. So glad you have such a good group of friends there. It makes all the difference in the world.
Happy late birthday to Steve, by the way! Tell him I'll eat a clown cone in his honor.
Surely, that's Solveig is smug! :D
Post a Comment