Sunday, May 22, 2011

What I'm Up To (Just Me, Me, Me)

Nothing terribly exciting, I guess.

But it was a good week. After wallowing a few weeks in self-pity and self-indulgence, I finally got off my rear and accomplished a few things. Things that need doing but aren't necessarily noteworthy. Like cleaning my house thoroughly. Doing ALL the laundry at once. Doing a serious weekly grocery shopping excursion (ugh, how I hate them). Spending a little time with friends. Getting my hair cut (and loving it). Getting my car inpsected. Exercising with a little more purpose and eating better. Trying a yoga class. Things like that.

And it felt really good. What a relief to be a working cog in our family again. It's also nice to enjoy friendships and socializing with a little more ease and enjoyment than before. It's funny how I always fantasize about how I'd love to spend every day just sitting in a chair and reading. But in truth, I'm usually much more content being productively busy.

Makes sense, I guess. Even though it never looks right on paper, Working Hard = Being Happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better, Jenny! I agree that working hard kicks your butt more, but feels so much happier! LOVE YOU!

Jenni said...

I went to yoga and cleaned for the first time in a while too this past week. The first week of my break from school I didn't do any of the things that I assumed I would all of a sudden have time for, so it was nice to have something to show for my time this go round.