Saturday, May 28, 2011

Oh Yeah--Steven's Birthday

Hey, I'm only 17 days late in writing about this...

Steven got a lovely present this year for his birthday. He got an excellent deal for it on craigslist from some random instruments dealer, and so now the Grundbergs are the happy owners of a stand-up string bass. His father owned one up in Chicago that he loved to play, and he missed it a lot when we moved down to Texas. He's really good---and he's extremely attractive when he's playing it, too.

Due the price tag, however, we just a had a relaxed family dinner of steak, veggie ka-bobs and of course---FUN-FETTI CAKE! (And I feel like it's a little less hideous than it was last year, so that's good. The boys helped me decorate it--as is becoming Grundberg tradition).

So Happy Birthday to the love of my life and the reason I get up every morning. And like my brother Adam wrote on your Facebook page--I'm glad you're still alive.



No comments: