We gave Mrs. Travis a little pot of flowers. We stuck a picture of Stevie inside it with the words, "Thank you for helping me grow!" (Thanks to my friend Shani, for the idea!)
After the certificates, the kiddos were treated to pizza and cupcakes and general kid hilarity.
Here's Stevie with his friend Cameron.
I can't tell you how proud I am of this kid. During our end of the year conference, Mrs. Travis told us that Stevie was reading at a level 16, and in order to give us a reference, she told us that they were only allowed to test students up to a level 18 during elementary school. She said he's doing very well in math, too, and that she likes the way his mind works outside of the box. She told us that socially he's just a normal little boy, and gets along well with the other kiddos. She told us she personally loved him and though he was the sweetest little boy. I'm so glad he had such a wonderful teacher, and that his first year was such a successful one.
Way to go, Stevie! We love you!
2 comments:
Man, I got teary at Ben's preschool program I can't even imagine how I'm going to do with Kindergarten this year! Your boys are so cute, Jenny!
yay! Erin tested out at a level 16 also...they are such smarty pants :) I got really sad her last day, where did the year go?
Post a Comment