Last weekend we decided to take a little family jaunt to the Clear Lake Greek Festival hosted by the local Greek Orthodox church. We're a big fan of festivals---the cornier the better---and this one was outstanding. We ate souvlaki, enjoyed some excellent Greek folk dancing, rode some rides and shouted "Opa!!" at various random intervals. Absolutely fabulous.
I bought a hip scarf (seen here on my head). I couldn't resist it's jingly wonder. Now I suppose I'm required to attend a Zumba class.

Stevie especially enjoyed the souvlaki. That child is a serious carnivore.

Okay, what you can't really see in this picture is that this dude is dancing around, lifting a little girl sitting on a table using just his MOUTH! I was definitely not familiar with this Greek tradition. It it was kind of creepy and oddly captivating to watch.
The boys were outraged that I made them watch the Greek dancing. All they really wanted to do was ride rides.

We'll definitely attend next year. Maybe we'll even take part in the Toga Fun Run 7K. We'll see.
1 comment:
That's so cool, I think we need to check that out next year!
Post a Comment