But this Saturday was the Yuri Fun Run 5K. That's right, the 5K that was on my Bucket List. We arrived at 7:30am to pick up our packets and get our bearings. Stevie was going to do the Kids 1K as well.
And they're off!
Stevie did an amazing job. He was FAST! And he finished the whole thing. I was so proud. Here he is after the race with his friend.
Next was the 5K for the adults. I have to admit that I had mixed feelings about it all. I hadn't been able to run all week because of sickness and such, so I was a bit worried about my performance. I had 4 goals:
1.) Run the entire 3.1 miles
2.) Don't pass out.
3.) Don't throw up.
4.) Don't pee on myself.
Once all my friends got there I started feeling a bit more pumped. There's definitely a vibe of fun and excitment in the air when you're in a big group of people all intent on the same goal.
The morning was absolutely beautiful. Part of the course was on pavement, and part of it was a trail run---which was a bit surprising. We had to run up this enormous hill and then down again, and then we had a lovely run through the woods.
I was slowly plodded along, but I made it. Steven and the boys were there to cheer me on as I reached the finish line.
It was such an interesting and positive experience. I hope to be able to do it again in the near future. Stevie really enjoyed it too. He told me he wants to do it every Saturday. Hopefully this will be a good start for him to view running as a fun recreational activity instead of drudgery.
Oh, and there were some random Storm Troopers there after the race. The older boys were a little afraid of them, but we ended up taking a few pictures anyway.
3 comments:
First of all, you are awesome!! Running a 5k isn't on my bucket list, but I wish that it was. I hate running. It makes me feel like I am going to throw up/pass out. (I've been told that means that I'm running too fast). But seeing how happy you look makes me really wish that I liked to run. I think maybe I should try again.
And I totally love the random Storm Troopers!
Way to go, Jenny! You are totally inspiring me to get running. Looks like you guys had a blast.
I still hate running but I am super proud of you. What an inspiration.
Post a Comment