Saturday, April 9, 2011

Morning Run

I'm running a 5k next Saturday. NEXT SATURDAY! And I feel sadly under prepared for it. In fact, my weekly adherence to the Couch Potato to 5K program had been pretty pathetic. I hadn't even run for an entire 30 minutes in one go.

But this morning, I woke up earlier than the rest of the household and decided to go out for a morning run. I had General Conference on my Mp3 player, and went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.

It was fantastic. I didn't feel any homicidal tendencies the entire time! And I actually ran for the entire 3.1 miles. I felt like I could go have gone even further.

Anyway, I feel a lot more confident about next Saturday now. I think I'd just been trying to run too fast. If I jog along like a turtle, it's actually pretty fun.

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Awesome, Jenny!! Good luck!!

Andrea said...

i keep tellin myself, slow and steady finishes the race!

Jenni said...

Good for you. Ash, Kels and I joined some cowrokers to walk the Komen 5K in Fort Worth yesterday. One day I will be able to run it.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Good luck this weekend!! I need to try slower jogging. I think the reason I hate running so much is that I try to go too fast.

Bonnie said...

Yay! Good for you for doing something like this. You can do it!