I love to read. Really, I spend an outstanding amount of time reading when I clearly should be doing other things. But I can't help it. It's so incredibly engaging and relaxing at the same time. I love good books. If it doesn't feel like the author is being truthful (to scene, plot, characters, etc) I can't stomach it. Fortunately, there are thousands of talented authors out there who keep me busy. I'm currently reading "The Count of Monte Cristo," and when you get past some of the tiresome (and often unnecessary) rhetoric, it's a great story!
I also like to play the guitar and sing. I did that today with my beautiful and amazing friend Cami Hewett---in the park with the sun shining overhead while our children played raucously in the background. We strummed through and sang songs like "Brown-Eyed Girl" and "You're No Good" and "Dust in the Wind" and "Come Thou Fount" and "You Really Got a Hold on Me." Both of us were sheepish at our respective imperfections, but it felt incredible to actually just do it. Making music is a magical thing.
2 comments:
That actually sounds like a fabulous time.
I'm a little jealous of your guitar talent. I have a guitar in my room that I've told myself for years I will learn to play. Now I've turned that idea over to the "maybe when the kids are older" realm, but I do love to sing!
Post a Comment