Afterwards, we headed to Resoft Park to blow off some steam. The big boys played hard while Jake and I sat in the shade and ate strawberries right out of the bucket---sand and all. They were outstanding...if not a tad gritty.
The next morning, my friend Emmaly taught me how to make some homemade jam. It's actually a very fun process. And I felt very accomplished after seeing my little jars of jam lined up in a row.
3 comments:
Homemade strawberry jam is one of my favorite things in the world.
I've just checked out books from the library to learn how to can preserves. That looks like fun, but I'm a little intimidated.
I want to learn how to can!! I looked it up and you need all sorts of supplies, ack!
This looks like so much fun...I want to take the kids to Gnismer farms in Arlington...but I'm chicken, haha!
Post a Comment