Thursday, January 27, 2011

Some of the Things I Crave Are...

-Homemade Vanilla Bluebell Ice cream with chocolate syrup, mixed together until it’s mushy. When I lived in Utah and Chicago I deeply mourned the loss of bluebell ice cream, which is clearly and without contest the most excellent ice cream known to man.

-Reading a book in a cold house under a warm blanket when it’s absolutely quiet. I dream about that cozy, indulgent feeling I get as I drift off to sleep. I think I crave this so much because it’s such a rarity (at least the quiet part).

-Making music in small groups. My dream evening would be a bunch of people sitting around my living room singing in harmony as Steven or me or whoever strummed along on guitar or mandolin or any other acoustic instrument. Creating living, breathing music in your own house is an amazing experience that I literally sometimes YEARN for. It's so intimate and personal. It makes you feel bound to the people you create it with.

-My own baked potato soup. It’s loaded with cream and butter and cheese and all kinds of good stuff. It’s outrageously unhealthy and will very likely cause my death some day. But oh, what a way to go…

6 comments:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

That's how I like to eat my ice cream, too! Except that I like Vanilla Bean, not Homemade Vanilla.

I love your description of creating intimate music. I feel that way about all of the arts. Doing it together in a group brings you together in ways that other things can't.

Sherry said...

I think I need this baked potato soup recipe--immediately...please email to sherry.neaves@gmail.com

I love Coke floats made with Bluebell Vanilla Bean yummmmmmmm........

And, we all definitely need to find a way to get together and make music again. Singing in WardStock was a blast!

Shelley said...

Mmmmmm, I'm with you on the potato soup. Nothing is better on a cold day.

Jenni said...

I know what you mean about the music thing. The best Christmas memory from this past year was singing as a family at Bonnie's house.
I also mourned the loss of Blue Bell when we lived in Fl. Then they had it at some groccery stores and Derek and I always were willing to pay $7 or $8 for a container.

Mandie said...

I am so music deprived right now and you're making me salivate with that description.

Jenny said...

I know it, Mandie! Doesn't that just sound like heaven?