#1 Mean people. I can’t figure out why you’d purposely try to hurt someone or make them feel small. It shows a lack of general empathy, which in turn shows a lack of social maturity. And I really don’t like it when people are rude to strangers. That was actually one of my criteria when I was dating in college---I had to know the guy was nice to people he didn’t know. I figured if he couldn’t keep his cool with a stranger, he probably couldn’t keep it with me.
#2 How my children seem to purposely wait until I sit down and relax to ask me for just one. Last. Thing.
#3 Designer things that seem to have no especial value other than brand name. If I can get the same quality off-brand for less money, you can bet your left nostril I’ll buy off-brand every time. Buying something just for the “name” irritates me to no end.
#4 Moms who belittle other mothers’ parenting skills. Can’t we all just be supportive of each other? Not all families have the same dynamic, and different things work for different people. (See #1) Ooo, and you know what’s even WORSE? People with NO CHILDREN who belittle other people’s parenting skills. I used to be one of those annoying people. Before I had kids, I couldn’t BELIEVE parents ACTUALLY let their children watch brain-cell-destroying television. BWAHAHAHAHA! (wiping away tear).
#5 Finishing the laundry in its entirety (washing, folding, putting away) only to discover you forgot to put in the pair of jeans you wanted to wear tomorrow. ARGGGGHHH! It makes me angry just thinking about it!
In other news, We started painting our family room today. It took us the entire day just to caulk, putty, tape and put up primer. Letting the kids "help" definitely seemed to double the work load. I spent a good chunk of time scrubbing primer out of the carpet. But hey, they (and we) had fun. It's already starting to look better! I'm so excited I feel dizzy. Or it may just be the many wafting paint fumes...
1 comment:
Hi I'm Sarah K's sister.. but I just want to say I TOTALLY agree about the parenting thing. I especially hate when I ask for advice from other mommas and I get some condescending answer. Its like I came to you for advice not for you to look down on me for having the problem in the first place! :)
Post a Comment