I'm stressed. It's always something. And I just can't seem to climb on top of it all. A few good things....exciting things. Like I was asked to direct a stake women's choir for stake conference. But I'm terrified of doing it. I don't know why, exactly. I guess it might be because I know the people in my ward love me and therefore forgive all my conducting faux pas. Will the stake folks be forgiving?
I've started teaching voice lessons. First time in a long time. Stress. How could I have forgotten so much since college? I should have video recorded my pedagogy classes. And I've lost all my repetoire books--so I'm not sure where to begin. It's so hard to instruct someone to move parts that aren't visible. You can't really say, "just move your larynx up and widen your nasal cavity..." Well I guess you can. But it's not terribly effective.
Little things keep popping up. Music activity with the Activity Day Girls at church. Primary meetings. Same old same old. But it feels like a lot right now for some reason. I just can't seem to get rid of this knot-like feeling in my chest.
To complicate matters, David seems to be incredibly needy lately. He wants one-on-one face time ALL the time, and nothing else will do. And if he doesn't get it, he immediately begins to act out negatively. I think he's feeling caught between Stevie going back to school and Jake requiring more and more of my attention. I'm trying to make an effort to be more understanding and give him what he needs. But that usually means dropping whatever I'm doing, and so things get left undone. But that's okay, right? Floors can be dirty, and toast is fine for lunch.
4 comments:
Duuuuude!
Amen and amen to that sister.
For me its not a knot in my chest but a feeling of my brain being overly full! If its not one thing, then its another....ALL. THE. TIME.
And what is WITH the middle child problemo?? Aube is so difficult....she and I are the verge, man!
So...if you find a solution, please share! But until then... ;) I love toast!
I COMPLETELY understand. It sounds like you do have your hands full. I bet your stake choir will be awesome though, and their will be no need for forgiveness =) I miss yours and Steven's singing, our ward isn't nearly so talented.
First you are beyonf talented and there might be two people in your whole stake who would even realize if you made a mistake conducting so go for it.
Second I totally feel you on the stress thing. I like how I was so ready for school to be out for a month so I could get all the things I had neglected done, and I couldn't tell you three useful things I have done during the break.
So I'm a month late responding to this, but I'll add another amen. I think "Floors can be dirty, and toast is fine for lunch" might be my new mantra.
Post a Comment