Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Year's Eve

I was all set to throw a New Year's Eve party this year when our friend the Greenfields did a wonderful thing. They reserved the church so that everyone could come and no one would be left with a destroyed house. Which was so wonderful because truth be told, throwing parties is insanely stressful to me. I always end up obsessing over whether or not people are having a good time, and therefore pretty much forget to enjoy myself. So theirs was a perfect solution. And it turned out to be MUCH fun.

We just brought some food and some games up to the church and played and talked and ate. At midnight, we all rushed outside to scream "Happy New Year" to the night sky.

2010 was so good to us. Mostly because we got Jake, whose addition to the family has been pure joy and seems to bring out the best in all of us. But also it's just been a great year. Here's hoping the next one is equally as kind.






















1 comment:

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I sure do miss spending New Years Eve with you.