Lots have things have changed. Most importantly, THIS guy was born.
Stevie is now in kindergarten. He's more independent and constantly making up his own little projects (yesterday, he did a "science project" to deduce which magnets were the strongest. He even made us take pictures). He's grown enormously, and talks more like a little adult than a baby. He's incredibly helpful and responsible, but still gets CUCKOO BANANAS when he's hyper. He's an amazing, amazing person.
David is the big kid at home during the day this year. He helps me take care of Jacob, plays lots of little games by himself, and is continually making outrageous claims like, "Mommy, ghosts are clear because they're made out of fog." He asks me every day if it's a school day (he goes to our co-op preschool once a week). He follows Stevie everywhere and usually drives him beserk in an attempt to get attention. He's hilarious, stubborn and absolutely precious.
Jacob is much different this year, seeing as its still his first year outside of my body. I am so, so grateful to have him. His laughs, yells, actions and newfound abilities keep us on our toes, and we're cracking up the entire time.
Steven is now a full-fledged guitar teacher. He has 2 students and will soon have 2 more. He continues to excel at work and becomes more and more invaluable to his section. He's taken a firmer hold of finances this year and has succeeded in getting us in a better, more solvent place. He continues to be my dream husband and the children's dream father. He's now the proud owner of a new electric bass. He spends at least 30 minutes every day reveling in music, as he practices his orchestra of instruments.
Me. Have I changed that much this year? I've lost 15 pounds (besides baby weight). I dyed my hair red as a part of what I can only assume was a pre-mid-life crisis. I've had the very great pleasure of bringing another life into this world, and am having an absolutely wonderful time loving and taking care of my baby. I've had some momentous spiritual struggles and "aha" moments, and I continue to do so. I've rededicated myself to my career as a stay-at-home mother, and I hope to become a little better at it as the years go by. I've taken much pleasure in reading many beautiful words and ideas this year, and I've struggled through some truisms that seemed to contradict each other. I've lost my confidence, gained it back, and then lost it again circuitously. I've developed some incredibly meaningful friendships that have been a boon to my spirits and have brought clarity to my thoughts. I've worked on stopping the incessant, worrisome chatter in my head in order to make room for God to pour in His cup of love and wisdom. Conclusively, I'm growing. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes it's exciting. But its always scary, and always good for me.
1 comment:
You are absolutely fabulous and an inspiration to me for one.
Post a Comment