Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Non-sequential Goings-on of the Grundies

We took the Toyota in to the shop on Friday, and they STILL can’t definitively tell us why the stinkin’ “Check Engine” light keeps coming on. This must truly be an automotive mystery, as this is the third repair shop we’ve taken it too. Anyway, this means that all 4 of us have been packing into the car each day at 6:30am to take Steven to his van pool (which makes for very sleepy kids and one grouchy mama).

........Look how happy we were when we bought the Toyota 8 years ago. Little did we know the havoc it would wreak down the road.........

Yesterday, I took both kiddos in for their routine dental check-ups, and both came out with clear bills of health. I’m not completely sure I’ll be bringing them back to this dentist, though. For some reason, they don’t allow parents to go back with the kids for the check-ups. While I realize this is their “policy”, I just don’t like it one bit. I want to know what’s going on back there! Plus, Stevie was feeling a little scared, and I really would have liked to comfort him. (David, however, was JUST fine with leaving with some stranger who would be putting their fingers all up in his mouth. He even said to me, “I’m not gonna cry, Mama.”--and he didn’t).

..................Here they are showing off their squeaky clean teeth...................

I also went to the baby doctor yesterday, and they’ve moved up my delivery date! Jacob’s new birthday will be March 16th at 7am---that’s only 2 weeks away! So much to do! Unfortunately, I feel myself getting more and more sluggish as each day passes, and I feel like I could sleep for a week. Well, I better do it now, because they’ll be no sleeping once he gets here! (Am I really ready for this? Is anyone ever really ready for this?)

At any rate, we really need to figure out his middle name.

5 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

What is your mom's maiden name? That might make a good middle name for the little tyke, and a good tribute. That's a 'tradition' on my dad's side...thus my middle name is Jones...my mom's maiden name. I was always really ticked about this, thinking my parents just had NO imagination...but now I'm grateful ;).

And I agree that Dentists taking the kids back by themselves is a little sketchy...my 5 and 3 year olds still need my supervision! I understand their reasoning...kids act different around their parents. But STILL...

2 weeks, woohoo!!!

Shelley said...

I'm so jealous of you getting your due date moved up. My doctor is so strict, he will not do it one day before 39 weeks, which is really frustrating.

Good luck with the middle name hunt, we have the opposite problem, a middle name but no first!

Marby said...

Ewww!! Jacqueline Park - I went to her once a LONG time ago and vowed to never return. Anywho...glad your due date is moved up!

Amber said...

You should try my dentist. He's actually pretty great with kids (and adults). I've brought my stroller before and hooked Aeron up with a DVD while my teeth were cleaned. The techs played with him half the time too. It is great. Gulf Breeze Dental by Kroger off 96. :) Mention my name - I could use the $50 off my Crown! ;)

Anna said...

I feel Shelley hardly has room to complain as neither of the doctors I've had would do nothing before 41 weeks. Maybe I should ask the next doctor about this before signing on. :)

Congrats to you though--how exciting! Get sleep in while you can.

Also, our Toyota's check engine light seemed possessed while we lived in Texas too, but nothing ever went wrong with the car. We had to keep driving it because it's our only car. Since moving to Boston the light has stopped coming on. Maybe it's the humidity?