Saturday, March 6, 2010

List of Things to Do...

before the Baby arrives next Tuesday....

1. Buy shelves and a dresser for the nursery. Currently all the wonderful baby things we received from friends are strewn haphazardly around the house---and it's driving me cuckoo bananas.

2. Build/install said shelves and dresser

3. Babysit for people as much as possible during the next week, so as to not feel horribly guilty when I start farming out the boys after Little Bit arrives.

4. Think of a middle name.

5. Get my garden box hammered and nailed and filled with good soil and compost. Ideally I'd like to plant my tomatoes and peppers, but we'll see what actually gets accomplished.

6. Put the stinking crib back together.

7. Buy a baby swing so as to maintain sanity--I'm hoping the swift swinging motions will bewilder the baby temporarily and distract him enough to fall back asleep when needed.

8. Blog about the amazing baby shower my friends threw for me last Saturday---I’m trying to scrounge up a few pictures, because wouldn’t you know I forgot to bring my camera???

9. Write a besquillion thank you notes that express how truly, incredibly grateful I am to my beautiful friends, and how much I love them.

10. Take a deep breath and be happy that I'm finally going to meet him in just 10 days.

11. I'll take care of #11 right now. In the past I've always been a bit too horrified by the staggering enormity of my pregnant body to memorialize it for posterity, but this time I thought I would go ahead and do it. So without further ado, here I am at 37 weeks:

7 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

You are stunning, Jenny! Absolutely STUNNING! I can't believe you'll have your little baby on TUESDAY, yikes! #11 is all that matters until then ;). Love and hugs!!

Jenni said...

And thank goodness you did put up a pictures because you are gorgeous and who wouldn't want to be able to see this again. Trust me.

Unknown said...

You look fabulous!!! This baby is SOOOO blessed to be coming to the most rockin' family in the world.

Amber said...

You are just SO darn cute! Beautiful!

Shelley said...

You look awesome! I can't believe you are having a baby in a week!

elshmobelsh said...

Jenny my friend- you make me laugh. This list is just the thing I would do before a vacation or holiday or life change! But I'm going to give you some UNSOLICTED advice I need people to give me all the time- so just know as I give it, I'm no good at it. Don't forget you will have time again after the baby is born. So just do what you can do, but don't stress it. The other stuff can wait. If the clothes are still in piles, he won't know the difference and maybe you won't have the early crop of tomatoes, but you can get some the next go 'round. Just take a deep breath. You'll make it! :) And I know I for one would be happy to watch the boys with no paybacks. I'm sure there are others who feel the same.

And thank you for your TV rant. I apprecaited it.

Miranda said...

You seriously are adorable!!