Jacob William Davis Grundberg was born at 8:16am on Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 at Christus St. John Hospital in Nassau Bay, TX.
He weighed in at 7lbs and 14 oz, and is 20 inches long. I was so happy to see such a big, healthy, NOISEY little baby boy.
He has a fringe of blondish hair around the bottom of his head, and his eyes are general newborn blue---I suspect they might turn brown in a few months, just like his brothers’ did.
William Davis is a family name on my side of the family. He was the founder of the Howsley ranch in Throckmorton, TX (where the Howsleys are kind of superstars—our name is {or used to be} on the movie theater. Nevermind that there are only about 1660 people still living there—in Throckmorton, that is, not the movie theater). Steven and I like names that mean something—especially if they’re family names. And though having two middle names makes for a rather big title for such a teeny guy, we liked it and set it in stone on the birth certificate.
David and Stevie are doing well in their new roles as big brothers. I think they’ve been a tad confused about why Mommy is limping around so much and why they’re continually being shipped from one friend’s house to another. But other than that, they’ve been a huge help in retrieving pacifiers, grabbing diapers, and doing their darndest to make baby Jake laugh (though admittedly he’s kind of a tough crowd at the moment).
Overwhelmed, frazzled, engrossed, anxious, and overjoyed are just a few of the adjectives that describe our feelings at the moment. But we’re so, so glad that Jacob is finally here. Though it’s sometimes hard work, we’re having a great time getting to know each other, and we feel incredibly grateful to have such a sweet, perfect little guy joining our family.
7 comments:
He's precious. Congratulations!
He is so beautiful! Congratulations, Jenny!
Thanks for the pictures, Jenny!! Slap me silly, I think he's GORGEOUS!!!
Congrats and how about another great looking man in that family!
He's so cute! And what proud big brothers.
Congratulations! He is precious.
I'm so glad baby Jacob is finally here safe and sound. Congratulations!
Post a Comment