Santa gave the boys two fabulous yellow motorcross-esque bikes! Both of them needed a bigger bike as they had outgrown their old ones, and they were quite pleased.
Afterwards, we took turn opening presents. The kids got a surplus of crazy presents, including Gator Golf, a batman playcastle, and orange plastic cones (don't ask). I got some nice hairbrushes from David, two fancy umbrellas from Stevie and a VITAMIX from Steven (love it!)
I've endeavored for at least a month to keep Steven's Christmas gift a secret this year. It was a huge success, and I am officially titled "Sneakiest Wife Ever," but in a good way. His gift? A new digital drumset.


After presents, we tooled around a bit playing with gifts and relaxing in our pajamas.
My dad and brother Joey came over later that afternoon to exchange gifts and eat Christmas dinner. I had big plans this year of doing the dinner in "courses," just like they do at restuarants. It didn't work out quite as planned--timing is just about the hardest part of cooking!! At any rate, I've pledged that I will never again have a 4 course dinner until I have help--meaning servants--doing most of the work. Which also means probably never.
At any rate, dinner was lovely. After Dad and Joey went home, we watched the church video, Joy to the World with the boys. It's a lovely account of the true meaning of Christmas and the Savior's birth.
So Christmas is gone and past for another 363 days. It was stressful this year, so hopefully next year Steven and I can come up with some solutions to make it more stress-free and more importantly, more Christ-centered.
2 comments:
The boys look so cute in their matching pajamas, and you don't even look pregnant!
What fun! Yea for pulling of a great surprise gift.
Post a Comment