First off, members of the activities committe and the bishopric read some Christmas stories to get everyone in the mood.
Next, they had a little table where the kids could write a letter to Santa and decorate it. My kids weren't interested at first--until they realized that they would be able to actually HAND the letter to Santa--that got them scribbling!
Then we all hearded into the Primary room to sing some Christmasy Carols while we waited for Santa to arrive. David's favorite was "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." (Of course, he sang the Jackson Five version).
And then, of course, Steven and Ben Hewett had to start singing some of their OWN versions--one which included a few horrible Robert Goulet impersonations and climaxed with a falsetto soprano version of "O Holy Night."
FINALLY it was time to meet Santa! Stevie and David were a bit beside themselves with excitement. Both sat on his lap and reiterated what they wanted for Christmas (we had already written Christmas letters the week before).
And then Steven got it into his head to sit on Ole St. Nick's lap--he looks like he's drinking with an old army buddy or something.
Not to be outdone, I got in a picture with some of the girls. I thought we were going to do a little "Santa Baby"-type shot, but apparently I was alone in this thought. Which explains why I'm the only one with the "grr" action goin' on.
Regardless, a super fun time was had by all. I really hope they make this activity a tradition--we just loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment