This was me on my wedding day...I know--Hot, right? I miss being hot. I started gaining about a year after I got married, and haven't stopped since. One jolly husband and 2 babies later, I am what I am now--which is not where I want to be.
For the past year or so, I've been planning on becoming pregnant. Every month, I expect that I'll be pregnant soon, and you can't lose weight when you're PREGNANT!! I mean hey, it's bad for the baby!
But it's been one year and no baby, so I figured I couldn't use that excuse anymore. I also decided I need a little help. I need some support, a system, some short-term goals. So I went ahead and joined--Weight Watchers, that is.
DON'T YOU LAUGH! You stop it, right now! I've been hesitant to post anything at all about this, because I'm so afraid of making a fool of myself--but I figured if this was going to be an accurate record of my life, I had to write about it--especially seeing as how it's been taking up so much of my thoughts lately.
I'm an avid exerciser. I enjoy it, and am at the gym 4-5 times a week. But I find it impossible to eat right. The truth is I just don't think I CAN eat right on my own (obviously), and I really think I'm going to benefit from that weekly motivational cheering squad that is "the meeting." I went to my first one tonight, and man, the fire is STOKED!
Here's the problem. About the same time last year I made similar weight loss goals. I failed miserably. I'm HOPING that being part of a time-tested organization will give me that extra boost I need...but then again, I'm truly afraid of failing. I can just SEE myself making excuses for myself down the road.
Only time will tell. But for now, I'm going to give it my best shot. So wish me luck, cross your fingers and pray to the gods of skinny for me! I really want to make a difference this time.
6 comments:
You are so speaking my language, Jenny! I keep saying I have to lose at least 30 pounds before we can even THINK of having another baby and I've been working on the same 30 pounds to lose since Ben was born. THREE YEARS AGO. It's always a struggle. Weight Watchers will help! It's great for accountability. You can totally do it!
I think Weight Watchers is your key to success! I know how hard you work out, you crazy lady...and I think this will get you back to being hot(ter...cause you know you are one sexy thang Ü).
I have to chuckle when I think about the extra-person-in-weight I have gained since being married! How can it be so?!
Good luck!! and I hope you share some secrets you learn!
That is one smokin' hot picture. You can do this and you WILL do this.
No one is laughing at you. We all struggle to one degree or another. We are cheering for you. Take the time to prepare healthy snacks and your whole family will benefit. Don't cheat when counting your points and I know you will see great results.
It's always good to have a support group! That always seems to keep me in check if someone else is going to be checking too. My problem is that I like chocolate too much . . . or anything dessert-ish! Good luck and keep that motivation going! You can do it!
K, first, not only are you absolutely smokin STILL, you were smokin THEN. PS - LOVE LOVE your dress. I can't wait to do this with you and my 'skinny sista' - We're gonna do great.
Post a Comment