Thursday, May 28, 2009

Family Snippets

Stevie has been obsessed with gibberish lately. Every other word out of his mouth is incomprehensible. I call it his “gobbled-guk” language. And to top it off, he loves randomly shouting these words at the top of his lungs at the most unexpected times—which is a tad hard on my nerves. He’s also become quite the computer game whiz. It worries me a bit. I feel like he has an unhealthy addiction to these games (and I KNOW how addicting they can be), and he even gets really upset sometimes when I make him turn them off and go play outside. Oh well. I’m hoping to get him signed up for T-ball or swimming lessons soon and maybe that will channel some of that “gaming” energy into a better outlet.


David is driving Stevie crazy lately, because he follows him wherever he goes. If Stevie’s swinging, then David wants to swing too (usually on the same swing). If Stevie’s on the computer, David squishes himself into the chair next to him. It’s so cute, but it’s bugging the heck out of Stevie. David also tells these long, drawn out anecdotes that usually include something BIG and GIANT and end with David punching said “big and giant” thing. I’m half-heartedly thinking about starting to potty-train him, but he still insists that going in the big potty is “yucky.” If only he could see the diaper-changing thing from my end.


My husband Steven has been moving people in and out of the ward practically EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! He’s the “Perfecting the Saints” chairman in Elders Quorum, which apparently means he’s in charge of moving and parties (both of which happen to be his fortes). He’s got the build for a mover and the personality for a partier, so it works out. He’s gone an awful lot, but I think he enjoys the camaraderie. It’s a chance for the men to get together sans wives, and I think they usually have a good time.

In unrelated news, Steven (Sr.) REFUSES to cut his hair. It’s getting pretty darn shaggy, but the man just won’t get it cut. I’ve offered to try and cut it for him, but he complains, “That would take even LONGER.” So I guess unless an alien-salon falls from the heavens into our living room, Steven will soon have head-banger hair. *Sigh. How hard is it to go to Pro-cuts?
This was a MONTH ago. You can imagine what it looks like now

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Derek used to be the same way when we moved to FL. I couldn't get him to go across the street from his restaurant to the salon in the Wal-Mart. That is finally what prompted the current do-it-yourself with the clippers hairstyle that she sports. Luckily I love this the best out of any way he has ever worn it. I like it freshly cut when it feels like Velcro.

~Darcy~ said...

Nic went through the saem thing after Nicky was born and every now and then he does it again. Hopefully Steve will be the same way and it won't last long!!