Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Absolutely Shamless...

Is how I would describe this lizard that I found in my house yesterday.
He was scuttling along the floor like he owned the place, and almost ran over my left foot. Now I'm not too squeamish by nature, but it IS rather unsettling to have a renegade lizard mow you over.

And what's more, he showed up today.
Seriously, this lizard has a lot of nerve.

I finally just reminded myself that lizards are predators of mosquitoes and other horrible little insects (all of which seem to be plaguing our house at the moment) and let him be. We even named him "Lenny." David kept walking around saying, "He's my pet. He likes me." I'm not sure of the veracity of that statement, but it was cute nonetheless. Maybe it's time for a dog.

3 comments:

Simply Sarah *K* said...

You could put a leash on Lenny...lol. I'm sure that would make David happy. Bella is absurdly in love with lizards...she likes to pick them up and play with them, crazy girl. I'm squeamish like you...but I, too, love that they eat the icky bugs!!

Jenni said...

I would remember that the good thing about this lizard as a pet is that it is in charge of getting its own dinner and it will not wake you up at five am because it wants to go out!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

I'm a fan of the eating bugs thing, but that doesn't mean I want one running across my feet! That is cute that the boys like him.