Steven SPECIFICALLY asked for a Betty Crocker Fun-Fetti cake with cream cheese icing. As I was mixing up the batter, I thought to myself, “Hey, why don’t I bake ALL our birthday cakes? It’s so much cheaper!” Well, this is why I don’t:
The finished product didn’t quite turn out like the picture in my head. *Sigh…at least it tasted good! (Did you notice how the candles are sliding off the left side? I obviously need to take a class).
This is Steven in all his birthday glory
This is Steven after I made a “gettin’ old” joke. (Just kidding)
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again. I absolutely love this man. Not only do I love (and genuinely LIKE) him, but I think he’s incredible. He keeps me laughing all the time, and he works so hard to take care of our family. Our kids are right in thinking he’s the most amazing dad of all time. The joy-filled belly-laughs I hear when he plays with them testify to how crazy they are about him.
But most of all, (besides being funny, smart and talented,) he’s kind. This isn’t always a valued attribute among men nowadays, but my husband is one of the kindest, nicest guys I know. When he’s not making me snort milk out my nose, he’s making me sigh, “Awwwwwww.” I love you, Devil.
5 comments:
Happy BirZday old man!! :)
Don't get me wrong, Derek is a great guy, but I wouldn't have listed kindness as one of the things that comes to mind about him. I agree that it is a trait that is undervalued and I am so glad that you have it and can appreciate it.
I think that how a cake tastes is more important than how it looks. I have had some pretty cakes that tasted like poo.
I love homemade cakes! (For me, from a box counts as homemade.)
You definitely got one of the good guys.
And how old is the old man? Not nearly as old as me, so tell him to SMILE! I'm still having fun and I'll be 51 next month.
What a nice tribute to Steve. He is a great guy and I love the two of you together. Tell him happy birthday from Brady and I!
Post a Comment