So Steven and I were sitting around fruitlessly brainstorming for Ward Activity Ideas (needless capitalization? you decide). When he WASN’T involved in the activities committee, it seems we always had big ideas about how we could create the most excellent activity EVER. Now that we revisit these past ideas, we see that we were definitely not as cool as we once imagined. So we spent last night spouting out and poking holes in every idea under the sun. Luau, Lip Sync, Games Night, Movie Night …the list goes on and on. So here’s the $64,000 question: what is the ideal ward activity for a family ward?
8 comments:
Um, yeah, good luck with that! Muahahahaha
I am a lover of Luau's...with a pig roast in the parking lot! You gotta make Hawaiian attire mandatory, too! Then top it off with some lovely Karaoke!
"Bermuda, Jamaica, girl I wanna take ya..."
JENNY! I have a blog!! Have you checked your email lately? I need to know how you do all the fun things on yours! I looks great! Comment or email back soon! Be seated when you read mine!
Some of the ward activity 'hits' of our ward have been a Saturday morning pancake breakfast, Chili Cook-off and a BONFIRE!!! I know the bonfire sound dangeroso, but we went to one of those scout sanctioned bonfire places (I really don't know if that is the right term) that also had a warming hut/indoor gathering area for games, music, ect. mmmmm. . . just thinking about those s'mores!
Jenny I love your Blog! My sister-in-law did a ward campout in their ward and it was a huge hit. I've always thought that would be super fun but a lot of work. The other activity that has been my favorite is a game night. At BYU married ward, they had a whole bunch of tables set up and games on each table, you had about 15 min to play and then you had to rotate, to a table with all new people, it was a great way to get to know people in the ward.
yeah, we're definitely going to have to have a ward campout...we're just trying to decide which month is best to do it in...hmmm, to freeze or to fry, that is the question. :)
those all sound great, we'll be there!
Post a Comment