
We decided to go out to dinner Wednesday night, as a family, for Valentine's Day. Not the most romantic idea we've ever had, but practical, considering we had to pack all day today. We're driving a U-haul filled with the last of my dad's things to his new house in Galveston on Friday. Well, Steve will of course be driving the U-haul. I can barely handle the stick shift on his Isuzu, much less a big rig. I will be driving the six hours happily listening to Harry Potter audio books (yes, I'm THAT nerdy) while my kids watch DVDs in the back. (or sleep....please let them sleep!)
Dinner, as I mentioned before, was less than romantic. Stevie decided he'd much rather hide underneath the table than eat anything offered him. Later he decided it was also fun to try and slide Mom right off the booth (he succeeded once). It was nice, however, to have a delicious meal cooked and served to you by someone else--absolutely lovely, in fact. And though our comments tended to be like "put that down," "don't do that," or "stop eating that coaster," we did get to have some much-treasured family time that hasn't been very available to us lately.
I sure love my boys; all three of them.
1 comment:
Ahhh...the joys of eating out ***SIGH**** I still LOVE to do it...but man oh man...it's a pleasant form of torture, that is for sure...and I'm VERY happy I don't have to clean up after us...how can ALL that food end up under the table?
Post a Comment