Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Preschool Synopsis

Preschool was fun today. Crazy, but fun. It started off kind of hairy…the kids had a hard time believing us when we said they had to listen and participate. But after we got going we had a nice time.

We talked about the letter ‘H’ again (sorry, Jan, I just couldn’t remember what letter we were on) and practiced tracing the capital and lower-case letter H. Then we glued “h” pictures in our homemade mini books. For art time, Elisa had this adorable idea of making snow globes out of plastic toy animals and baby food jars. We also talked about the number “8”. First, we crouched low like frogs, counted to 8, and leapt into the air when we reached 8. Then we all got our own number eight on a piece of cardstock and used a stamp pad to put eight thumb-print ‘spiders’ on it with 8 tiny legs drawn in pen. Later, we read the story Where the Wild Things Are, one of my favorites.

The kids did a really great job. And I actually sang the entire goodbye song without messing up the words (I think I deserve a gold star here, Kelli!)

5 comments:

Kelli said...

YAY, Jenny! I knew you could do it. Sounds like a fun time today. My house next week?

Jenni said...

Preschool sounds like way more fun than work. Maybe I can come there and do arts and crafts instead of driving in to the office every day.

Jenny said...

Believe me, jenni, I used to think so too. BUT THERE ARE DAYS WHEN I WANT TO RUN SCREAMING BACK TO THE OFFICE!!!

Bittles said...

how fun, you guys are so creative!

elisa said...

thank you for being pacient w/ me and mine. I know we weren't as prepared as we should have been. thanks for sticking it out with us! love ya!