Stevie found a marker while I was in the shower…sigh.
I’ve been torn lately between the practicalities of hand scrapping vs. digital scrapping. (I'm actually blogging about scrapbooking...the happy homemaker metamorphosis is complete) I’ve become so perplexed, in fact, that I haven’t scrapped anything at all for over a month. This doesn’t stop me, however, from buying all the scrapbooking materials in the $1 section at Target (I mean, come on, it’s only a dollar!)
I first got into scrapbooking last November, and became completely fanatical with it. I scrapped Stevie’s baby book almost in its entirety (just a few pages left). When I came close to finishing, however, I noticed that the book is CRAZY thick. I mean, this is only the first couple years, how am I suppose to keep record of all his entire childhood? I’ll have to have an entire bookcase dedicated to scrapbooks; and those of you who’ve seen my house, I ain’t go that kind o’ room.
So I naturally turned to digi-scrapping as the obvious solution. You can print the pages off and have a normal sized coffee-table book. Very durable, no worries of adhesive falling off, and still pretty darn cute.
But here’s the rub: you obviously have to have a PhD in computer science to work the software (either that or I’m entirely too computer illiterate…or lazy, which I am). PLUS, it’s exceedingly expensive for someone in my income tax bracket. So unless someone out there puts it for free on the internet WITH lessons, I’ll probably stick to hand-scrapping it. I could probably buy 1 or 2 good-sized bookcases with that money.
10 comments:
digi scrap SEEMS like it could be cheaper, less than 2 dollars per printed page? But I agree about it being computer science.
Hey, I had a weird dream the other day with you in it. You and I were singing a duet for UIL solo and ensemble and it was time for us to sing and I couldn't find you. I spent my whole dream trying to chase you down and woke up before I could hear how our duet went. Pretty frustrating.
Crazy, huh?
It seems like there are tons of free layouts and stuff for digi scrappin' but how the heck do you use them?? Do you have to have a specific computer program? I need answers! I want to digi scrap too and it seems much more efficient!
Mandie, it's residual from that trio we sang with Donna in the Singles Ward!! I wish I could sing a duet with you, you rock!
Digi-scrapping seems like a DREAM. My friend Christina (Finding Time blog) is like a PRO at it...has links to free digi-scrapping on her blog. BUT...like you are saying, its THE toughest thing to get started on. I'm sure it's easy as pie after awhile, though...so maybe there is hope! I will have to talk her into doing a tutorial of the in's and out's of getting started on her blog!!!
and that stevie...WAAAAYYY too cute (and waaaaayyy to much like Bella...she just draws on her arms, though...the face is reserved for mommy's makeup)
I'm addicted to digiscrapping. I have photoshop elements 5.0, which was difficult to figure out initially, but now it is a breeze. I have tons of papers and embellishments, almost all of which I got for free. If anyone wants to get together to learn how to do digital scrapbooking, I volunteer to teach you. You'd probably have to come to my house or have the same program though - my friend bought photoshop elements 6.0 and it is completely different. Once you figure it out though it is so much easier and if you are a perfectionist like me, you can change things in your layout if you decide you don't like it. It is so much fun!
ok, Bonnie! we want to learn!!! seriously!
I also teach private voice lessons at a high school nearby and they just went to contest a few weeks ago, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it to!
BTW, I think teaching privately is the best teaching gig in the world! I LOVE it!
I'm game. Get in touch with me and we'll hammer out the details! :)
Post a Comment