1.) I hate condiments. Ketchup, mustard, mayo, you name it, I hate it. I don’t like my food to touch (I actually have sectioned Cornell plates…seriously) and tuna fish makes me want to throw up. I literally have to leave the room when Steven (or anyone else) eats it.
2.) We constantly had pets in the house as a child. Brandy, Licorice, Heidi, Gretchen, Molly, Rascal, Lassie Lee, Miss Kitty, and Tammy the Hamster are just a few. Not to mention a 10-gallon tank of numerous unlucky tropical fish that inevitably ended up being flushed down the toilet. And yet for some reason, I’m reluctant to get a pet now.
3.) Every time I sing the first movement of the Brahm’s Requiem at choir practice on Monday nights I cry. It’s just so beautiful. It’s getting a bit embarrassing, but I’m getting better at hiding it. (The other choir members must think I have the dirtiest contacts in the world).
4.) I am a Law & Order junkie. I must have seen every single idiotic episode by now and yet that doesn’t stop me from watching them over and over again. I don’t like the other Law & Order shows, just the original. I also have what can only be described as an unhealthy obsession with real live murder/mystery shows like “The New Detectives,” “Cold Case Files” and “American Justice.”
5.) When I was fifteen I had an amazingly obsessive crush on Paul Simon. Not Paul Newman, that would be normal, but Paul Simon from Simon and Garfunkel. That's right, this man:
I had a picture of him on my bulletin board and would concoct crazy schemes on how I could meet him. Don’t ask me to explain this…I don’t think I can. This crush lasted until I was seventeen, when Paul McCartney took over (Beatles Paul McCartney, not Wings Paul McCartney).I TAG: Darcy, Elisa and Kristy
12 comments:
I love the condiments one! And Paul Simon huh? I love the album "Rhythm of the Saints". Have you heard it?
Oh believe me, I've heard all of them.
I just wanted you to know that I listened to a bunch of the songs you have on your blog. They are folksy-cool. I love Erykah Badu! And Van Morrison!
I'm singing the Van Morrison one now!
"I wanna rock your gypsy soul!"
I love that line!
Lilli is dancing to it too!
I love Paul Simon too, but only for his music. Never had a crush on him though.
Stacie tagged me and I was going to tag you! Darn it. I will combine her tag and your tag in one.
My favortie that I remember about you was that anytime someone complimented you on your outfit you would say, "Thanks. I made it!"
Ok...so...I hate it when my food touches...my parents would get SO mad at me as a kid. And even tonite..James threw my bread and it landed on my pasta..talk about GROSS! LOL.
And I too am a Law and Order junkie...just happens to be the CI one, not the original...though I have started to watch the original b/c I have watched ALL the CI ones!
I love those real-life murder mystery shows! It's a good thing we don't have satellite, or that's all I would watch. I'd stay up all night with those, I swear.
it all mixes in your stomach anyway. all some people in botswana can afford to eat is lite mayonnaise packets and duck sauce packets and rocks, so we should be thankful for our plethora of condiment choices. Mustard makes everything better...except ice cream.
...and pancakes. nothing can make those good.
My brothers actually used to send me screaming from a room by chasing me with a spoonful of mayonnaise.
So... I'm asking myself how Smokey managed to be omitted from the list of animals that spent a lot of time in the house. She was so small, though, I guess she's easy to overlook.
Post a Comment