Alright, time for a catch-up, and yes, I'm starting all the way back where I stopped before.
January was extremely momentous (to me, at any rate) due to my wonderful little boy's
lightning-speed potty-training. Many years had passed since my endeavors with David, and I
was starting out with Jake even younger (not quite 3). Much to my surprise, Jacob picked up
potty-training like a champ. We just took away the diapers, put on the 'big boy underwear'
and after an educational accident or two, Jakie had it down. Thank goodness. Two in
diapers is quite an adventure. It's happy and sad at the same time---happy because (of
course) I have lest direct contact with you-know-what but sad because, well, seeing them in
diapers makes you able to pretend they're still babies. In his little undies, Jacob
definitely has passed the threshold from toddler-hood to honest-to-goodness little boy.
January was extremely momentous (to me, at any rate) due to my wonderful little boy's
lightning-speed potty-training. Many years had passed since my endeavors with David, and I
was starting out with Jake even younger (not quite 3). Much to my surprise, Jacob picked up
potty-training like a champ. We just took away the diapers, put on the 'big boy underwear'
and after an educational accident or two, Jakie had it down. Thank goodness. Two in
diapers is quite an adventure. It's happy and sad at the same time---happy because (of
course) I have lest direct contact with you-know-what but sad because, well, seeing them in
diapers makes you able to pretend they're still babies. In his little undies, Jacob
definitely has passed the threshold from toddler-hood to honest-to-goodness little boy.
My boys' elementary school randomly celebrated 'Rodeo Day' at school (I shouldn't say
randomly--it was a shameless plug to get the kids to drag their parents to the Houston Stock
Show. I do love a good rodeo, but I don't love the price tag). Anyway, for some reason it
was EXTREMELY important to both of them that they were dressed accordingly this year. So
after some last minute scrounging, we were able to rustle up (hahaha) some western-y outfits
that satisfied them both.
![]() |
| With neighborhood friend, Connor |
Jacob didn't know why everyone was dressing up, but darnit all, he
was going to wear a costume too.
was going to wear a costume too.
January is also when our little Grace decided to start standing up for the first time. We got the whole thing on film, of course, as can be seen here with her dadd (who is for some reason very sweaty and wearing his t-shirt inside-out).
| HA HA! I'VE DONE IT AGAIN! |


1 comment:
Woah!!! Congrats to Jacob and Gracie for their big moments! How are your kids growing up so fast?!
Post a Comment