Last year, I put the boys in a city karate class. They were very interested in learning Power Rangers moves and so forth, and I was excited for them to try something new. Unfortunately, I wasn't terribly happy with the program--the only way to progress was to pay to go to the tournaments (which were only on Sundays), not to mention the instructors all seemed to be strange-looking, yelling angry adults with somewhat low-self esteem. At any rate, I kind of felt like the boys didn't learn much and that the whole thing was a wash. HOWEVER, the boys do like to break out the old karate uniforms now and again and indulge in some serious ninja fighting.
Jacob always joins in by donning our Ben 10 Alien Force costume and
fits right in.
Anyway, back to catching up. April brought David's 1st grade music program that was selections from Seussical the Musical. It had some very cute songs in it, and David (being the consummate performer that he is) was of course fantastic.
Also in April, almost the entire family took part in the Yuri's Night 5k Fun Run. I ran the 5k, David, Steven and Jacob all ran the Kids K (with Daddy accompanying Jacob). We all had a stinkin' good time! My goal this year was to beat my last 5k time, which was relatively pathetic (37:33), so I was very happy with my time of 31:43! It was one of the most enjoyable 5ks I've ever run--the weather was perfect, the course was relaxing and my playlist was, quite frankly, outstanding. I felt amazing after it was over! We will definitely be running it again next year (Steven and Stevie have
decided to run the 5k with me next year! Woot!)
 |
Greeting the Yuri Race's yearly representatives -- Star Wars Characters, of course.
|
|
 |
Me and my sweeties right before the race. Stevie has that manic look in his eye...
|
 |
Gracie waited patiently through the entire thing, bless her.
|
 |
With my running buddy, Karen. She and her son also ran the 5K.
|
 |
The fellas waiting at the starting line right before the Kids' K.
|
 |
Stevie came in 1st place for the Kids' K! This is a picture of him directly behind the bicycle leader!
|
|
 |
This little dynamo is David tearing up the road!
|
 |
Jacob ran with his Daddy, and he ran the ENTIRE time! Not too shabby for a 3 year old, if you ask me! He was very serious about the entire thing!
|
 |
The boys feeling pretty proud of themselves after the race!
|
 |
Thumbs up!
|
 |
The whole family together, right after the Kid K and right before the 5K. (Notice the guy in the back randomly photo-bombing us).
|
 |
Karen and I right after the race. I loved every minute of it!
|
 |
| Stevie accepting his award for 1st place in the Kids' K (awarded by none other than Darth Vader Himself!) |
Moving on to less healthy subjects, one
of Steven Sr.'s newest obsession is homemade whipped cream. He'll whip
up a huge batch at the slightest provocation (and it usually has twice
the amount of reccommended powdered sugar in it). My kids are all true
aficianados nowadays.
1 comment:
way to be active as a family! So impressed!!! The whipping cream is hilarious and it looks quite tasty. Typical renaissance Steven.
Post a Comment