Tuesday, June 18, 2013

February - Father/Son Campout

Aside from our fantastic Valentine's Day Celebrations this February, the men in the family were able to rough it up at the Father/Son Campout.  The campout is held every year at Pine Gully park in Seabrook, which oddly enough isn't necessarily a camping park, but the city of Seabrook allows the church to host the camp out there every year. 

The boys were all duly bundled up (as it was actually pretty frosty out--for Texas anyway).  Jacob was thrilled by the whole event.  (I swear he's not wearing lipstick---his lips are just naturally crazy red).

Handsome Steven in front of the campfire.


Jacob getting a little tuckered out around dinnertime.  (I've also noticed that he's carrying that root beer in almost every picture that Steve took of him.  He looks like a little hobo).


It definitely got colder as the night progressed, and the boys snuggled up around the fire.  


Jacob didn't make it too long--he fell asleep long before the nightly festivities were over).


Steve reported an absolutely miserable night of sleeping for himself, with the fellas waking him up every few minutes to use the bathroom.  I guess after a certain age sleeping on the hard ground isn't as tantalizing as it used to be.

Jacob grinning hardily while eating the provided breakfast (notice the root beer is still there.  No wonder he peed so much during the night!!)


The stake breakfast is notoriously gross, but my boys seemed to like it just fine.


I remember the night of the camp out, I was so excited to have a 'Girls Night" with just Grace and me.  I had planned on eating an early dinner, and spending the rest of the night catching up on season 3 of Downton Abbey.  Much to my dismay, neither Hulu OR Netflix had season 3 out yet!  Quite a disappointment, and I have yet to watch season 3.  I ended up falling asleep by 9am and waking up at 6:30!!  The boys were all home by 9:30, so both Steven and I had our whole Saturday to complain about our evenings. One of us, however, was noticeably more well-rested than the other...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun! And all that root beer. . . quite a treat!