Saturday, June 22, 2013

Steven's Birthday

Steven turned 40 on May 11th.  I know this seems like an impossibility, but it's the honest truth.  How did this happen?  He certainly doesn't look (or act) 40, but I guess the calendar doesn't lie.  Or maybe what they're saying is true:  40 is the new 30 (whatever that means).


 I schemed and saved and planned to make Steven's birthday a huge celebration.  I came up with several scenarios, and after nagging him continually about them, he just looked at me and said, "You know, all I want to do is spend the day hanging out with my family."  Can you believe this guy?  He's just too good.  

So instead we had breakfast at Shipley's Do-nuts, shopped for some clothes that actually fit him (since he's lost 50 lbs this year and had absolutely NO clothing that fit him), let him take a long, luxurious nap, cooked him all his favorites for his big steak dinner, and watched a hilarious picture slide-show that I'd made of him.  We even made him a Happy Birthday Key Lime Pie (his current favorite).


This man is the best.  I know everyone always thinks theirs is the best, but no.  He is actually the best guy I've ever met in my life.  And he's ours.  We are seriously  one lucky family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy happy birthday, Steve!