Thursday, April 18, 2013

I would like to say (in a forum that I think is appropriate)...

that I hope my love and acceptance is never conditionally based on the life decisions people make.  What's right for me may not be right for others, and I recognize that my perspective isn't the only one that's valid.  Thank goodness God knows each heart perfectly and is the only one who can accurately interpret our motives and choices.  I'm feeling grateful that all I've been ask to do is love God and love my neighbor (which is a big enough task for me as it is).

That's not to say that I don't have my likes and dislikes.

I just really hate the idea of condemning an entire group of people (gay, straight, christian, muslim, democrat, republican, atheist, etc,) strictly because of some preconceived, generalized and/or possibly even incorrect notions I may have about them.

Now if they just happen to individually be a jerk---well, I'm working on the 'love thy neighbor' part.

2 comments:

Solveig Atwood said...

A-freaking-MEN. Jenny, I love you.

That is all.

Unknown said...

Xoxoxo