My little Gracie Girl has passed her sixth month, and is now 7 months! So my original title for this post "Grace is 6 Months" is now invalid due to my eternal procrastination.
We took her to her 6 month appointment last week for immunizations and a check-up. Her stats were:
WEIGHT: 16lbs (31st percentile)
LENGTH: 2 ft 4.5 inches (98th percentile!!!)
HEAD: 45cm (93rd percentile)
So basically our little Grace is a string bean---long and skinny. While measuring her the pediatrician looked at me and said, "Well, is your husband tall?" When I assured her that yes, he was 6'3 and he came from a family of giants, she said, "I'm pretty sure his genes won."
There are several things that Grace can do that surely no other baby in the history of time has accomplished at so young and tender an age:
1. She 's talking! Well, okay, maybe not actually talking coherently, but she's definitely making all kinds of adorable sounds all the time, and I'm sure maybe one or two of the sounds might be an attempt to communicate with us. Sometimes her 'talking' gets quite rambunctious and extremely hilarious, and I probably have more hours of it immortalized on video than I'll ever watch.
![]() |
| Love her mischievous look! |
2. She's quite proficient at screaming. Very high-pitched screaming, at that. It's not necessarily angry screaming---just your every day "Hey, life is great and I just want to scream about it" sort of way. And I swear that it's the highest pitched noise I've ever heard.
3. She can hold a bottle! She just started doing it the other day, and I think it's adorable (not to mention convenient).
4. She's very interested in eating food, but has no idea what to do with it once it's in her mouth. She just kind of smiles at you good-naturedly as if to say, "Er...thank you for smearing this foreign substance on my tongue, Mom."
5. She's always in the "Superman" pose (on her tummy, with her arms and legs up in the air). It's just second-nature to her. Every now and then Steven and I will get on our stomachs and mimic her, and we're toasted after about 45 seconds. This child holds the pose all day. And her head is twice as big on her body as mine is on my body. She must have core muscles of titanium.
| SUPERWOMAN! |
6. She's mobile with a capital M. First she was just rolling herself all across the living room floor, but she's officially starting army-crawling and I think it's fantastic. Again, I have so much footage of this is it's ridiculous. She's even started pulling herself gingerly on all fours.
7. She is such a trooper. Boys are constantly jumping over her and coming up and yelling in her face, and she's very seldom surprised by any of it. She loves her brothers and her face completely lights up when they enter the room.
| I realize her face doesn't look that excited right here, but she really does love those fellas! |
8. She's just recently started to worry when I leave the room. Now this may not seem like a big deal, but this is the girl who would happily play on the floor with some carpet fringe for hours. Now, if she notices me get up to use the bathroom or something, she very loudly lets me hear about it. And I'm flattered. Not many people demand my presence with such shamelessness. It's nice and not nice at the same time.
I love my daughter. She makes me smile all day long and is a constant source of hilarity, comfort and joy. She's sweet, and smart and beautiful and obviously outrageously talented. She's perfect and I hope that I can spend the rest of my life convincing her of that fact. LOVE ME SOME GRACE FACE!







3 comments:
She's gorgeous! Man is she going to have her hands full with all those older brothers!
She's getting so big already! And she's just as beautiful as ever. I need to plan another trip down to see you. What's a good time of year to visit the area, weather wise and all? I could probably do something in the Spring.
She is so pretty. I'm glad you got a girl so you're not completely overthrown by all the boys in that house.
Post a Comment