Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Steven's Mario Party

WOOOOOAAAAHHHH, was this a crazy cakes party.  Eight little boys descended on our house like a whirlwind, and I'm still recuperating.

The invitation (using Adobe Photoshop Elements):

Some decorations:
Chain-Chomp Hanging Lanterns

Homemade birthday banner.

The activities:

Easy Power-up Star craft -- wooden stars with yellow paint and sharpies.

Boos Beanbag Toss -- the kids got a gold coin (rollo) for every bag they made into the mouth.

Goomba Stomp!

Bought some plastic gold coins and put them inside the balloons before blowing them up.  The boys had to stomp the goombas in order to get the gold coins.

We also did a Yoshi Egg hunt, where I painted green polka-dots on left-over plastic Easter eggs, filled them with candy and hid them around the house.  Forgot to get any pictures, but the boys loved it. 

Food was pepperoni pizza rolls (at Stevie's request) and a brownie cake (because Steven has decided he loathes birthday cake.  Fine by me, kid!)


And yes, those are the exact same Happy Birthday candies I put on David's 'cake'.  Meh, it worked.
 Next, Stevie opened presents and got some fantastic goodies from all his friends.

With the time left over, we set the boys up on the Wii to play.  We had two set up (we'd borrowed my dad's), so everyone could play at one time.  We had one little boy have a conniption fit (I think I gave him one too many rollos), but other than that it worked out fine.

Glad I don't have to do this again until March!  But Stevie's definitely worth it.

XTREME CLOSE-UP!!!  (He's really into these).






No comments: