Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Squatters

First Jacob, and then David have been hit by a mysterious illness that causes them to have a high fever, followed by their feeling 100% fine almost immediately. It was just enough to necessitate David's staying home from school, and so he played happily and tormented his little brother all day today.

Because today was somewhat of a bust productivity-wise, I thought I'd share about a few family visitors of ours. One is this spider...


I swear I have vacuumed up at least 5 different spiders and their webs from this exact spot in the corner of our downstairs half-bath. But they keep telling their friends. It must be prime real estate. I'm about to give up and just dedicate this corner to the spider community.

Another is this dove...


She (?) lives in our backyard (I think?) with her mate. I couldn't get a close enough picture with both of them in it (they must've been together for awhile--no PDA for these birds). I hear them cooing all the time. I've got a soft-spot in my heart for doves. It makes me feel all Valentine-sy and squishy inside to think of them mating for life. It reminds me of Mama and Daddy.

No comments: