
On Valentine's Day, Steven and I both had to go up to the church: me to teach a group voice lesson to the Beehives and Steven for scouts. Right as we're about to walk out the door, I hear Jacob start screaming. Turns out Stevie had jumped down 4 stairs at one time and Jake decided it didn't look too hard and followed suit. I wasn't worried until I noticed him heavily limping and favoring his right foot.
We kept an eye on him that night, but when he was still complaining the next day we took him into the doctor, who sent us to the hospital for x-rays. The doctor called us later that day to tell us it wasn't broken, but only sprained. She told us to keep him off of his foot for a few days (um...how exactly??) and to make sure he wore supportive shoes. I remember being especially confused by that last direction. Where do you find supportive shoes for toddlers? Their feet are just fat little stumps--they don't even have arches!
He's fine now--he was jumping and running around, limp notwithstanding. Just wanted to give us a little scare, the stinker.
3 comments:
Poor little Jake! I'm glad to hear he's OK. And he is so adorable, btw...I love that face! Can't wait to see the Grundy Baby Girl when she arrives!
I'm glad to hear he's ok. Tiernan did something like that about a month ago. He pulled a dresser onto himself (I know, why didn't I have it bolted to the wall?) and we had to rush to CareNow to get x-rays of his swollen wrist. I'm glad our boys can take a beating without breaking their bones!
Glad he's ok. Jamie is our little dare devil, too.
Post a Comment